East Portland Rotary
- Rotary is an organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to help build goodwill and peace throughout the world.
- Over 1,200,000 service minded leaders belong to more than 32,000 Rotary Clubs in 163 countries around the world.
- Rotary’s motto is “Service Above Self”.
When and Where: The East Portland Rotary Club meets each Thursday noon in the Rose Room at The Rose Garden Arena, One Center Court.
Meeting Format: The usual meeting format is:
- Eating lunch and enjoying fellowship 12:00 to 12:30 p.m.
- Invocation, song, flag salute, introduction of visiting Rotarians and guests, announcements, “fines” for vacations, birthdays, etc. 12:30 to 1:00 p.m.
- Presentation by guest speaker, followed by questions and answers, 1:00 to 1:30 p.m.
- Adjournment promptly at 1:30 p.m.
Brief History: East Portland Rotary was chartered in 1950 and is the second Rotary Club chartered in Portland under the sponsorship of the Downtown Portland Club. The Club has been very active throughout its history and has more than 100 members.
Diversity: Our Club is open to both men and women and has a diversity of ages, occupations, religions, and political views.
Rev. 080222, K Govertsen